Thursday, August 16, 2012

Debbie's Retirement

On July 12th, 2012, Debbie Garvin worked her last day in the office as the General Manager/Secretary of the Barstow Heights Community Services District. Board President, Dick Jacobs, had planned a special "surprise" retirement luncheon for her that only the Board members, Debbie's husband Tim, daughter Katy, and myself knew about and attended. Even though Debbie warned us that she "hates" surprises, the Board really wanted the opportunity to recognize her and thank her for her 17 years of dedicated service to the district. As the new General Manager/Secretary that was hired to take her place, I can also tell you that it has been an honor to spend the past month working in the office with Debbie as she has been training me to do the job. I know that I have tough shoes to fill, but I am grateful to Debbie for making this transition so easy for me and for being a friend that I can admire so much and want to be like.

The Board of Directors presented Debbie with this beautifully
engraved desk organizer for her to enjoy using at home:


 We know we will still get to see you occasionally,
but you sure will be missed here at the office!
Enjoy your retirement Debbie!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment