REGULAR MEETING MINUTES
Tuesday, May 3, 2022
1. Meeting called to order at 6:02 by President Stapp, Pledge of Allegiance led by Director Stradling.
2. Directors present: Gene Low, Ronald Stradling, and Blythe Roeder-German. Daryl Schendel not present. Guest Kyle Woolley from City of Barstow present.
3. Approval/consent items: Minutes of 3/22/2022, financial reconciliations and bills/issued checks. Motion by Director Stradling to approve with a second by Director Low. Motion carried/items approved with no discussion/opposition.
President Stapp indicates he did a squirrel sweep on 4/21/22 with little results and hopes to do another one next week. Mr. Woolley indicates City staff have been trapping at the City parks.
a. Barstow Heights Park— Safety report presented by Mr. Woolley with some minor repairs/replacements that City staff will work on. Mr. Woolley asks about electricity being provided to water control for the park, so that timer can be regulated. Currently battery is running it.
b. Venner Park— Safety report presented by Mr. Woolley with some minor repairs/replacements that City staff will work on.
5. Grant status/update—Contracts have been received from the State. Carol has completed the documents and presents to Board for review. There are a few more forms that are required for the state, but contracts can still be completed. Carol will send off documents this week.
Mr. Woolley informs Board of a “CMAS Certificate” which is a document contractors have stating their bids are at competitive rates. This certificate allows an organization to “waive” the requirement to obtain three separate bids on any qualifying project.
6. Correspondence: Reviewed by President Stapp. No action taken.
7. Office Building and Area: Squirrels are still a problem.
8. General Manager’s report: No written report this month. Carol only states that on of the cameras on the surveillance systems was not working, but after a call to High Desert Alarm and a troubleshoot over the phone, camera seems to be online.
9. Directors’ Reports (roundtable): President’s Stapp term is up in November, and he asks Carol to start the advertisement process for the opening. It is also noted that the term Director Roeder-German stepped in to is also up in November.
10. Executive Session: Not required.
Adjournment at 6:58
Next Regular Meeting: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, at 6:00 p.m.