June 28, 2023 minutes approved July 25, 2023
REGULAR MEETING MINUTES
Tuesday, June 28, 2023
1. Meeting called to order at 6:03 by President Schendel. Director Roeder-German leads Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Directors/Guests present: Stradling, Roeder-German and Craig all present, Director Low not present. No guests present.
3. Approval/consent items: Minutes of 5/23/2023, reconciliation reports and print out of bills/issued checks. Motion by Director Stradling to approve with a second by Director Craig. Motion carried/items approved, no discussion/opposition.
No reports sent, no representative present.
a. Barstow Heights Park— everything seems fine with the park. No updates to share.
b. Venner Park—shade cover warranty needs reviewed as a tear has been starting. More swings are needed for the play area. Seats are available, need frames. Director Roeder-German will notify Reyes Landscaping to do the clean up around the outside of Venner Park. No other updates.
c. BOTH PARKS—New costs for Burrtec services at both parks are discussed by Board. Board questions if City may share in costs. Board also wants to light up both parks more. Streetlights to be checked out. Flag poles (heavy duty/commercial) will be put in at both parks, American flags at both parks and State flag at H Street with a pole for each and solar light attachments. Motion by Director Roeder-German to purchase for an amount not to exceed $2500, second by Director Stradling, no discussion or opposition. Motion passed. Signs to be purchased for both parks for each entrance, sizes of 12x18 to 20x24. Also, a dog waste removal station.
Future park ideas are discussed by the Board for the former water tank area and the land at the end of H Street.
5. Correspondence: Reviewed by President Schendel. No discussion required.
6. Office Building and Area: New cameras needed for building area. Squirrels are still being relocated. Office A/C unit was serviced at a cost of $845, freon was almost out. Golden State Water will be removing an underground pipe where the water tower was. That pipe extends into the parking lot area which they will dig up. The parking lot needs repaired or replaced. Discussion was held about working with GSW during their removal time.
7. General Manager’s report: No written report, oral updates given to Directors. Carol is still working on completing paperwork to have the grant transferred to Venner from H Street Park.
8. Directors’ Reports (roundtable): Roundtable discussion held by Board that includes fencing around the future park area. Director Craig suggests installing splash pad in the former water tower area. She also shares information on and “Exo-fit” for proposed walking path at the future park.
9. Budget Review: Budget for 2023-2024 fiscal year finalized and approved. Resolution 2023-1 recited, approved by Board by 4-0 vote (Director Low not present) and signed by President Schendel and certified by Carol Mauk. (See attached)
10. Executive Session/Personnel GC54957.1: Held in closed session regarding GM evaluation. Carol leaves the room. Upon return the Board sets pay at $26 per hour and continues with gasoline allowance.
Motion by Director Craig for Adjournment at 7:25 p.m., second by Director Stradling, unanimously approved.
Next Regular Meeting: Tuesday, July 25, 2023, at 6:00 p.m.