Approved May 23, 2023
REGULAR MEETING MINUTES
Tuesday, April 25, 2023
2. Directors/Guests present: Low, Stradling, Roeder-German and Rebecca Craig all present. No guests present.
3. Approval/consent items: Minutes of 3/28/2023 and print out of bills/issued checks. Motion by Director Stradling to approve with a second by Director Low. Motion carried/items approved, no discussion/opposition.
4. Parks: Ms. Ellis is not present. She is on extended leave. Board informed that Lucas Crank is covering her duties. Reports on both parks received 4/25/2023 and reviewed by Board. Some questions, Carol will contact Mr. Crank for clarification.
a. Barstow Heights Park— report says some vandalism and BBQ’s need addressed. Board notes outside perimeter needs weeds removed and area cleaned up (City takes care of inside of park). Reyes Landscaping is contacted for bid, will provide on 4/26. Director Low moves to hire crew for one time clean up for a total up to $600 for both parks, Director Craig seconds motion. Motion carried/approved, no discussion/opposition. Director Low indicates that dumpster needs moved and turned around as wind continues to blow the lid open and birds are making a mess with the trash. Also, additional pick-ups are discussed. Carol will contact Burrtec.
b. Venner Park— report notes problems with vandalism, restrooms and BBQs need addressed. Raised sidewalks are also noted.
5. Correspondence: Reviewed by President Schendel. No items to address.
6. Office Building and Area: Multiple squirrels have been relocated. Nothing else to address.
7. General Manager’s report: Written report given to Directors prior to meeting. Carol indicates a new computer is needed due to lagging and age of system. Carol will check on some systems. President Schendel notes that Ken Colbly may be able to help with computer and will bid on camera replacements for the surveillance system. Other grant writers will be sought for help with future efforts.
8. Directors’ Reports (roundtable): Offered only by Director Roeder-German. Suggests possible name for future park, “Tommy Craig Hiking Trails” on corner of H Street and Linda Vista. Also, proposes new equipment for the H Street Park with a fantasy theme. President Schendel shares that the water leak on Windy Pass and M Street is still an issue. Director Stradling shares that a town hall meeting will take place on 4/26 regarding the new BNSF development if anyone is interested in attending. No other reports offered.
9. Executive Session: Not needed.
Adjournment at 7:09 p.m.
Next Regular Meeting: Tuesday, May 23, 2023, at 6:00 p.m.
ite a comment…
Post a Comment